The Graco Magnum 262800 X5 Review
Traditionally, when you are painting small projects like furniture, cabinets, and fences, you will use brushes or rollers. It is a different story, though, if your plans involve the entire house.
Apparently, you cannot just rely on brushes or rollers to cover your ceiling or your walls. This is why technology improved painting by developing airless paint sprayers.
You have probably seen professionals using considerable sprayers to big finished projects. However, if you think sprayers are only for pros, you are wrong.
In fact, there are already a lot of sprayers which are fit for do-it-yourself projects which will save you bucks and bucks of money.
First and foremost, what does an airless paint sprayer like the? An airless paint sprayer is a machine which uses powerful spray driven by pressure and horsepower to release paint.
By using airless paint sprayers, you can get the job done in a shorter period of time, as compared to manually using a paintbrush.
One of these friendly sprayers for beginners is the Graco Magnum 262800 X5 Stand Airless Paint Sprayer.
Graco Airless Paint Sprayer
Graco Magnum X5 is one of the products of a market-leading manufacturer Graco. Graco offers a wide variety of products – from accessories, blasting equipment, electric pumps, sprayers, and a lot more.
The company is primarily known for creating premium pumps and spray equipment for fluid handling in the construction, manufacturing, processing and maintenance industries.
This machine is made with an airless design which means that this machine does not use large compressors as its power source.
Older and more traditional models of paint sprayers usually use a compressor as a power source, making it not too portable.
Just plug the Grace Magnum X5 into a conventional wall socket, and it is ready for use.
This machine is made powerful and useful to answer your painting needs.
The brand is known for investing heavily on years and years of research and development. This is to incorporate the ever-changing needs of each user.
The following are the essential features with the Graco Magnum 262800 X5 Stand Airless Paint Sprayer. These features will give you an idea of the how this machine works.
- Long, flexible hose – its hose measures 25 ft long. This feature allows you to have a good reach so you can work on high walls and ceilings with simplicity. Moreover, this hose makes the machine fully flexible which helps you operate smoothly and efficiently.
- Size – store your machine easily as it does not require too much space for its size. The Graco Magnum X5 measures only 19.4 x 15 x 12.8 inches.
- Weight – designed to be as portable as possible, this machine only weighs less than 19 lbs. With this size it is easy to move the device around so can you take it in and out of the house for all sorts of projects.
- Carry handle – making it more portable, this machine is designed with a carry handle so it would easy to carry it around.
- Spray tip – the Graco Magnum X5 can be used with different types of tip sizes. You can even go for as precise as 0.015 for right cover. This is especially needed for small spaces and intricate edges.
- Pressure – another significant thing to consider in selecting a paint sprayer is the pressure it takes out. This machine can work up to 2800 psi, which means this machine is perfectly suitable for home and occasional use.
- Motor – in connection to pressure, another thing to look into it the engine used in the machine. At 0.5 HP, the Graco Magnum X5 this machine gives out enough strength and power that is cost effective as well.
- Delivery rate – another plus feature of this machine is that it can deliver paint at a rate of up to 0.24GPM. This delivery rate is sufficient for the type of occasional and home use. With this modern feature, you can guarantee that the job will be done in a short period of time.
- Ease of use – any machine will not be beginner friendly is it is designed with complicated function buttons and/or setups. If you are purchasing a paint sprayer of your own, more or less you are stepping away from incurring too much. With this, you would want to do the repairs and painting on your own. Good thing the Graco Magnum X5 is designed, so you do not have to worry about complications.
For instance, it has a fully adjustable knob. This feature will enable each user to adjust the power and amount of paint released by the machine. It is located precisely in the right place for it to be easily reached and fit into a different number of available settings.
Extra Features for Optimum Use
The Graco Magnum 262800 X5 Stand Airless Paint Sprayer is made not only to utility purposes. It has been designed to go beyond the essential efforts a regular paint sprayer would do.
Below are the additional features making this machine a balance between being practical and modern.
Visible power source
The Graco Magnum X5 has a plug that glows when plugged into the socket. Apart from being neat, this design is convenient and a great safety feature as well.
Apart from its visible power source, this machine is designed with ease of flushing. You only have to attach the hose and add the cleaning fluid.
The power flush does the work for you in no time. Moreover, the power flush adapter that comes with this machine will attach seamlessly to any garden hose.
That means it will be easier for you to clean the machine up.
The Graco Magnum X5 comes with a nicely-designed and very sturdy stand which is good support.
Even when you are using a 25 m hose, the machine will remain stable and will not move with the pressure of paint.
You might expect that this stand is heavy to carry around but surprisingly, it does not take much of an effort to move it from one place to another.
A critical consideration, which is a win for the Graco Magnum X5. This machine has been fully lubricated, which means it is not a hard time to maintain it.
To keep it clean, flush the device every after use. Cleaning keeps your packings wet and thus reduces friction.
It also makes sure materials on the displacement rod are dissolved.
By keeping the rod clean and lubricated, you are effectively decreasing the abrasion and wear.
Maintaining and taking care of your machine correctly not only save you money from overhaul and professional maintenance, but it also guarantees your machine to last for a more extended period of time.
It utilizes a well designed piston pick-up system that allows you to shoot a steady stream of paint. Also, you have the option to choose a bucket from one to five-gallon.
This machine is also equipped with an auto-stop function. Quickly, you will just have to release the trigger, and both the paint sprayer pump and the motor will stop.
The auto-stop function is such an excellent safety feature which elevates the simplicity of Graco Magnum X5's design.
With this, you will be able to prevent potential overheating problems which is a common problem on most paint sprayers.
In addition to its great features, this machine is also designed with a screen in the handle of the SG2 paint gun.
This feature is made to catch larger particles of paint and dried ones and eventually to prevent the machine from clogging. This additional design is something not being offered by most paint sprayers.
For most paint sprayers, the kind of materials to be used is kind of an issue. Not all are capable of using thick paints.
Good things this machine is capable of spraying multiple different materials. This includes stains, acrylics or latex paints, among others. Just make sure
Overall, the pros and cons of the Graco Magnum 262800 X5 are as follows:
Now if you are planning to finish those small to medium projects at you finally and you think it is time for you to get a paint sprayer, put the Graco Magnum 262800 X5 on top of your list.
You can expect positive customer feedbacks online about how efficient and wise it is owning one.
This machine may not be the cheapest machine in the market, but it is guaranteed to give out the equal quality to its cost. Designed with quality and efficiency, this machine is what you need without having to pay professional painters.